2.12.2012

conversation heart cake pops

Remember back in 4th grade when Valentine's Day meant 
dropping notes in hand-made shoebox "mailboxes"?
I always loved the cute messages on conversation hearts...
but they taste much better as cake pops!



Any Valentine would love to get one of these tasty treats.


I used a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to form the pops,
and an AmeriColor food decorating pen to write on the messages.


 I stuck with mostly the traditional messages
[or at least the ones I like!]


But I also added a special one of my own...
it only seemed appropriate.


4 comments:

  1. Do you have a favorite brand of candy melts you like to use? Do you have a trick for keeping the coating thin enough? I made the football cake pops and felt the chocolate coating was so thich it made the cake pop too big afterward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use Wiltons and seem to have good luck. Make sure you stir every 15 seconds or so when melting, otherwise you can over-nuke the coating. If it gets dried out or it's too thick you can add a little bit of Crisco shortening and stir it in. Your coating will take longer to set but should be easier to dip.

      Delete