6.07.2011

margarita cake pops

I can't tell you how excited I am to share this recipe.
Two of my favorite things: Margaritas and Cake Pops.
Finally combined into one little edible heavenly bite on a stick.


I've been dreaming of margarita cake pops for a long time, 
and when I saw Bridget from Bake at 350 post these lemon cake pops
shortly followed by Pioneer Woman's link to these margarita cupcakes... 
I knew it was time to take the plunge.


Unfortunately I made these for a party and they were 
completely devoured before I could get too many photos.

Inspiration comes from the above recipes, with a few tweaks. Mostly... I added more tequila!

Margarita Cake
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, at room temp
5 limes, zested and juiced
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup tequila

Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Cream butter and sugar, 
then add eggs one at a time. Add dry mix and buttermilk in alternating portions. Add in lime zest, 
juice, and tequila and mix well. Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes, or until done.

Tequila-Lime Frosting
3/4 stick butter
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
juice 1/2 lime
1 tsp tequila

Crumble cake and mix in just enough frosting to hold the cake together when squished into a ball.
Make cake balls. Dip the end of a paper lollipop stick into candy coating, then insert into cake ball. 
Let set, then dip entire ball into candy coating and top as desired. 

I had some pops that were topped with sea salt, but as those were the favorite, 
they escaped without having their photo taken.


The rest [including the few pictured] were topped with candied lime zest. 
Delicious, but a bit elaborate for just a cake pop topping!
Next time I will stick with the sea salt.


Still, they were a huge hit at the party- even Beau couldn't resist!
I highly recommend these if you are a margarita lover
[or I suppose they would be good with just the lime too.]

15 comments:

  1. You had me at tequila. And then I saw margarita. This is just so many awesome things wrapped up in one. I love the candied lime zest too, it looks really interesting. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a cakepop I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge margarita person, so these look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there directions to the process for the icing? I am a newbie but need to make these for my mom's birthday. Besides, salt on top of sugar and tequila thrown in too?... Irresistible!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, these are amazing!!! I have been making cake pops for about a year and have made some of these and the peanut butter chocolate ones for a fundraiser. I can't wait to see how fast these go! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cake is well decorated and looking very attractive, The recipe of this cake that you given is also very simple and easy to bake it. Today we will make it.
    Last time i made such beautiful cakes from :
    Online Cake Delivery in Delhi
    Online Cake Delivery in Noida
    Online Cake Delivery in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand.

    Jeera Shikanji Order Online

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margarita pop cakes! Why didn't I think of something like this! Try this with it: best commercial slush machine for a liquid slushie with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TJ’s Good Times, Inc. have the biggest and the best selection of party bus, bounce house, water slides, margarita machine, and tent rentals in DFW Texas area. We deliver party rental supplies in Dallas, Cleburne, Alvarado, Burleson, Midlothian, Maypearl, Crowley, Godley, Joshua, Lillian, Granbury, Fort Worth, and Southlake. Our best bounce house service, best party bus USA, water slides, margarita machine, and tent rentals are a great way to boost the fun level at any event, especially birthday and corporate events.

    ReplyDelete
  10. slot game 6666 เกมส์สล๊อตออนไลน์ slot online สล็อต เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริง ระบบ ฝาก-ถอน AUTO 30 วินาที เพียงแค่นั้น พีจี สล็อตแจกเครดิตฟรี slotgame6666.com มาแรงที่สุดในชั่วโมงนี้

    ReplyDelete
  11. slot wallet slotwallet เป็นเกมสล็อต ( pg slot )slot ที่มาแรง สร้างความระทึกใจให้กับผู้เล่นได้อย่างสม่ำเสมอ ด้วยการอัปเดตเกมใหม่ๆออกมาอยู่เรื่อยรวมมากยิ่งกว่า 200 เกม 2022

    ReplyDelete